Blackford Institute for Nutrition
Nutritional Advisor Courses
What's in the Course?
- Quick Start guide, to get you started on the course.
- A sturdily bound set of 18 Course Modules that lies flat for ease of study. They contain detailed, practical information that guides you skillfully towards becoming a professional nutritional advisor.
- 7 Nutrition Assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- 39 Self assessment exercises. They help you check you understand each topic. If you're in doubt you can ask your tutor.
- 37 videos. Sit back and watch as an expert explains each topic. It's the easy way to learn.
Nutritional Advisor's Treatment Guide. An exclusive 31-page guide on how to identify and treat 23 common ailments, from Anorexia Nervosa to Weight Gain. This is especially useful to the new nutritional advisor just starting out. It will give you increased confidence, knowing that you'll be making recommendations backed by the weight of others' experience. The guide covers the following:
- Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge-Eating
- Athletic Performance Improvement
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Dermatitis, Eczema
- Fatigue, Fibromyalgia
- Food Cravings
- Food Intolerances
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Energy
- Mood Swings
- Post Natal Weight Gain
- Weight Gain
- A Swipe File containing samples of intake forms, food diaries, nutritional advisor business plan, nutritional counselling script, disclaimer forms and disclosure forms. They save you time in creating your own forms and documents. See how the professionals do it. Includes advice on creating your own forms and documents. Plus links to professional nutritional advisors' websites: learn how they design their consultations and programmes.
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. It helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organised for your role as a nutritional advisor. They also check that you can tackle each type of nutrition.
- How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course booklet. Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- How to Write Assignments booklet. This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It's not available elsewhere.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- 49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service booklet. Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- Roadmap. A chart and text that shows you the exact steps to take to become a successful nutritional advisor. Comes complete with instructions for us. Not available elsewhere.
- Personal advice from your tutor - by email.
- Online support - Speak to a course advisor by phone.
- Links to online videos about different aspects of nutrition.
Plus! Access your course online
- Online edition of the course. Get access to all the course modules and assignments when you register.
- Online student's database. Add your name to the database, and get in touch with other students.
And when you complete the course, you'll get the following free items:
- A handsome Diploma to frame and display on your wall
- An 'Approved Nutritional Advisor' logo (above) to put on your website and your notepaper
- A press release sent to your local newspapers (if you want). It announces that you're setting up your nutritional advisor practice
- An open reference that shows you have completed the course, and which may open doors for you
- The right to use the post nominal letters Dip. Nut (BC) after your name.
From time to time we may improve, amend or extend the items mentioned here.
For a limited time, we're offering a free downloadable book: 'Pregnancy Nutrition'. It'll teach you everything you need to know about pregnancy and nutrition without having to buy a dictionary! Click here to learn more.
an advisor on