Nutritionist Course

Diploma in Nutrition Course

Frequently Asked Questions

When can I start the course?

  • You can start the course at any time: today, tomorrow or next month. Whenever is best for you.

Where can I study the course?

  • You study at home, or wherever you want. The course does not involve you being in a classroom or going to a test centre.

Do I need any experience to enrol on the nutritional advisor course?

  • You don't need any experience.

Do you send me anything in the post?

  • There are two editions of the course: the Printed + Online, and Online-only. With the first you get sent all the course materials in a box, as well as having access to the online edition. For the online edition you access the course online, and either read from the screen or download the materials to your computer.

How long are the modules?

  • The length of the modules varies from 15 to 30 pages.

How do I access the course online?

  • Once you've enrolled we'll provide you with login details and the name of your tutor. And as soon as you have these details you can log straight into the system and get started on the course.

What sort of questions are asked in the assignments?

  • The assignments involve a range of case studies and research assignments.

How long does it usually take to complete the course?

  • The course can take five months to complete. But you can do it as quickly or slowly as you want.

After doing the course can I register with HPCSA?

  • In order to register with HPCSA you'll have to do a SETA accredited course for three years. Our course is an excellent platform to start with.

What can I call myself in South Africa?

  • Under South African legislation, you may not use the following titles: Nutritionist, Student Nutritionist, Supplementary Nutritionist, Dietitian, or Supplementary Dietitian, unless you are registered with the Health Professions Council We therefore recommend you style yourself a 'Nutritional Advisor' or a 'Nutritional Therapist'. You are legally allowed to practise, using these two titles.

Professional bodies for learners in South Africa

  • In South Africa there are some organisations that you may come across. These include: (The Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa) is a statutory healthbody, however there is no government control over nutritional advisors in South Africa.
  • The AHPCSA legislation governs all medical and mental professionals. The legislation is primarily intended to regulate doctors and dentists, but to be absolutely safe, it would be wise to give client’s a document pointing out that you are not going to treat any medical or mental conditions.

Have you got any other questions about becoming a nutritional advisor?

  • If you have any more questions about how to be a nutritional advisor, contact us - we'd love to hear from you. Phone us on the numbers below, or email us using the contact form here