Medical Herbalist Courses
Blackford Centre for Herbal Medicine
Diploma in Herbal Medicine Course FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you send anything to me in the mail?
- No, this is an online course.
How do I access the course online?
- Once you've enrolled we'll provide you with login details and the name of your tutor. And as soon as you have these details you can log straight into the system and get started on the course.
How long does it usually take to complete the course?
- Many students complete the course in nine months. But you can do it as quickly or slowly as you want. That's one advantage of distance learning.
Do I need to finish the course within a certain time?
- You can take as long as you want. Unlike other organisations, we don't set any time limits.
What are the course costs?
- You can find the cost of the course by clicking here.
How can I contact my tutor or the Blackford Centre?
- There have two types of people you can contact - your tutor and a course advisor. The tutor marks your work, and helps you with any problems. You can fax, email or post assignments to your tutor, whenever you want.
- We don't give out the tutor's phone number, because a few people would spend all day talking to their tutors, who would never get any work done.
- But sometimes students get stuck, or have an urgent question. If so, you can phone a course advisor at the Blackford Centre at any time during work hours. If you leave a message out of work hours we'll call you back the next day. You can contact course advisors as often as you want, and about anything to do with herbal medicine.
Will the Diploma enable me to practise professionally?
- Yes. the course is designed specifically to help you set up and run your own practice. Some courses, even at university, seem to omit this all-important aspect. We give you enough technical knowledge to practise, and we also provide detailed guidance on marketing, operation and finance to run your own business.
- As far as we know, there are no restrictions anywhere in the world that prevent you from operating a complementary practice in the areas we teach.
Will the qualification get me a job in a hospital or school?
- To get a job in a public organisation, you'll need more qualifications than we can offer. Our course is designed to help you work with private clients.
- Remember, the easiest way to earn a living is to work for yourself. So in the course we focus on how you can work from home as a herbal therapist.
Will the course give me credits towards a degree or some other study?
- No. But it will help you set up and run your own business. And we encourage all students to continue their studies after completing the course.
Can I start the course at any time?
Is the course all from home, or do I have to go to a test centre?
- It's all from home.
an advisor on