Customer Service Training
The Blackford Centre
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Check out our course discounts!
Breakthrough Customer Service Training
How to massively improve your customer service
Better customer care will help you win more business, build a loyal following, gain repeat business,and defuse difficult customers.
In fact, improved customer service is the most effective thing you can do to boost your business
You know that Customer Service is vital to your organisation.
But are you or your team performing as well as you could?
Even if you’ve been in the business a long time there’s always something new to learn. Customer expectations, technology, and company demands have changed a lot over the last few years.
Are you sure your team is up to date? And would customer service training help?
Have you or your staff ever:
- Been asked for a discount or a refund?
- Had a customer demand to speak to a manager because they weren’t satisfied with your representative?
- Dealt with an irate customer who shouts or swears?
- Got complaints from other departments within your company?
- Lost a customer because of a failure to please?
These are the tricky moments that customer service people often fail to handle right. Better training could help them overcome these problems.
What about the good moments in customer service:
- Someone who calls to complain becomes a customer.
- A client emails to tell you about their good experience.
- An enquirer warmly thanks you for your help.
- A customer buys more than they initially planning to, because you’ve explained the advantages of a higher price item.
Doesn’t that generate a buzz when that happens? Wouldn’t you like that to happen more often?
The vital role of customer service
All too often customers seek assistance from customer service representatives and don’t get it.
That’s when they leave angrily.
That’s when you lose business and your competition snatches it up.
Every business needs excellent customer service, but few achieve it. Most organisations leave a trail of disgruntled customers who never return.
And that’s a big deal.
Low customer retention can affect everything from your company’s reputation to its bottom line.
Inadequate customer service could be slowly killing your company and you may not even know it.
But there’s a better way.
Breakthrough Customer Service
This online training course from the Blackford Centre is the ultimate in flexible learning.
- 40 interactive video-based modules covering all aspects of customer service.
- You can study at times and places of your choosing.
- You get permanent access to the course, so you can get a refresher whenever you want.
- There’s a 60-day refund period, in case you change your mind.
- PDF transcript containing all the course content for you to read at your leisure, and which serves as a permanent reminder.
Did you know?
- On average, it costs 5 times more to gain a new customer than it does to keep an existing one.
- A mere 5% increase in customer retention can increase your profitability by a whopping 75%.
- 80% of a company’s future revenue will come from a mere 20% of your customers.
- 80% of companies believe they have superior customer service; only 8% of their customers agree with them.
What does it all mean?
In a world where your customers can just Google your competition, access reviews from around the world, and get instant recommendations from people they trust, customer retention is harder than ever.
We also live in an instant gratification society, where hundreds of television channels, songs, video games, and even news can all be streamed over the internet in an instant. Consumers are used to getting their way, and they’re used to getting what they want now.
Customer retention is more important than ever, and yet customer service seems to become more complicated every day.
What you need is a way to invest in your company’s customer service representatives in a way that improves satisfaction, keeps your team happy, and boosts your bottom line.
In short, you need the Blackford Centre’s Breakthrough Customer Service course.
Customer Service has changed
Twenty years ago, consumers were okay with waiting on hold for an hour to talk to you. Ten years ago, companies still had the upper hand when it came to brand perception. But today, the internet empowers customers to build your company up – or smash its reputation to bits with one Facebook comment, a TripAdvisor review or a remark on Trust Pilot.
Today customer service is the face of your business.
Isn’t it time your representatives had training that addresses these challenges and helps them succeed in helping your customers?
Most customers try everything they can to avoid communicating with customer service. They try to solve their own problems with Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Guides.
So if you’re talking to a customer, they’re probably already frustrated. Their problems may be too complex for a simple answer, which means customer service representatives need better training to satisfy them.
Customers expect consistency. It doesn’t matter if they talked to Susie about a payment issue last week, Craig about a late shipment yesterday, or Laura about a return today. They want everyone on your team to be able to answer any question and they expect your representatives to know about their previous issues. And they want to be able to call, text, tweet, post, or private message your reps to get their issues solved.
More than ever, customers also want authenticity. Scripted responses that feel like they’re being read out of a manual don’t cut it anymore. You have to make them feel important, and you have to offer genuine concern for their situation.
Customer service is far more complex than it used to be, so you need more complex solutions and comprehensive training, or you’ll be the brand consumers used to trust.
The growing need for better customer service
Because customer service has become more challenging in the last few years, many companies are expanding their customer service teams. From Care Representatives to Technical Support to Billing Specialists to Sales Representatives, satisfying clients on every level is becoming a growing priority.
Many companies are beginning to realize that their systems are outdated and their employees are undertrained.
If you’re a manager, you might be coming to this realization yourself. If you’re a representative, you may be wondering how you can improve your skills, make your job easier, and excel in your company.
The ‘Breakthrough Customer Service’ training course is designed to help both managers and representatives satisfy customers, build the company brand, and increase their bottom line – all with ease, efficiency, and a positive work environment.
Our course pays for itself
The more customers you have, the more it costs to reach out to new, more resistant customers? If your company is investing in marketing but not in providing your customer service reps with training, you may be leaving yourself open to retention issues.
"The Breakthrough course includes a
comprehensive range of videos, modules,
a workbook, and much more."
There are plenty of things your competition can do to lure your customers away: newer products, lower prices, and fancier advertising. The single most important element that encourages customer loyalty, however, is having a good experience with your company. That makes great customer service the single most important thing you can do to save your company money.
Marketing works hard to gain customers, so make sure your customer service department is doing everything it can to keep them. If just one of your representatives prevents just one customer from walking away, this course will have paid for itself.
Customer service is part of your brand
In today’s automated world, standing out against the competition with impeccable customer service is more important than ever. Every interaction a representative has with a customer can help build the brand – or tear it down.
People talk. They tell their friends family about their consumer experiences.
These days, with Yelp, social media, and blogging, your customers are telling the whole world about their experiences. A single customer has the power to reach thousands or even millions of other potential customers, so get ahead of the message they’re sending by making it a positive one.
Your team is on the front line when it comes to creating positive customer experiences, so don’t leave those interactions up to chance. Make sure your representatives have the skills they need to succeed in any customer interaction, whether they’re just answering questions or calming an irate customer down.
Happy Customers and Beyond
Great customer service is all about making the customer happy, right? Believe it or not, there are plenty of other benefits to offering superior service:
- Better sales. When your customers are happy, they do the selling for you. More and more consumers look to reviews and recommendations from people they trust when deciding where to spend their money, so make sure you come out on top.
- More productivity. When your representatives have the tools they need to succeed, they get better at their jobs. Employees who anticipate customer needs and solve problems quickly are more efficient. They can move on to the next customer faster.
- Positive Workplace Atmosphere. Our course teaches employees how to start with a positive attitude, which flows over into everything they do. Being able to help customers is a life-affirming experience for many representatives, so you retain your best workers by giving them the skills they need to do a great job.
- Better Teamwork. Great customer service isn’t just about customers. It’s also about how your employees work with each other. Our course helps your representatives fulfil each other’s needs as well, fostering better teamwork and a more effective customer service department overall.
Who benefits from this training?
It’s hard to find the time to train your staff, so you hire people who have a natural knack for it and hope for the best. Sure, the learning curve for customer service is a quick one. But while your new staff are learning, you’re losing customers.
And your more experienced staff? Chances are they need a refresher. And if they’ve never received any formal training either, they may have been doing something wrong for years. Isn’t now the best time to address that?
Even if all of your staff have had former training somewhere else, the Breakthrough Customer Service course offers a streamlined approach to getting all of your staff on the same page.
Impeccable service isn’t easy, but even the smallest changes in your strategy can lead to vast improvements in your overall service.
Don’t think your customers will notice the difference? We’re so confident they will that we offer a 60 day money back guarantee. But I’ll get more into that later.
Classroom course, in-house training, or online?
So what are your training options? Well, you can search for the perfect instructor, but if you remember all the teachers you had in school, that’s hit or miss. If you do find the right instructor on the first try, in house training can be very effective because it can be tailored to your needs.
Unfortunately, it is costly, takes management time, and not all of your staff will be able to attend. Someone has to hold down the fort, right? So then you’ll need to ask the instructor to come back, essentially doubling your cost and management time.
Okay, so how about sending your staff out of the office to learn? The cost of these courses is about the same. But the cost to your business might be higher. Your reps will be away from their jobs longer, and you may have to cover transportation costs for them. And you have less control over what your staff learns and how they learn it.
So what’s the solution?
Online training solves all of these problems inexpensively. With online training, you can:
- Access the course any time, so staff who didn’t make it can get the very same training when it’s convenient.
- Every person learns at their own speed, but with an online course they can replay any lesson at any time to fully understand a concept.
- Our training is permanently available to you, at any time of day, for refresher courses or just answers to quick questions that come up in real-world situations
- Get stunning visual aids and multi-media training without having to set up additional equipment or turn your office upside down.
- Administer the training yourself so you know it’s getting done right
…all this, at a fraction of the cost of traditional training programs!
With our comprehensive course, your representatives will learn:
- How to recognize, anticipate, and fulfil your customers’ needs
- Tips for showing customers genuine concern for their needs
- Steps for handling customer complaints
- Strategies for turning an upset customer into a repeat customer
- Communication tips for in-person, phone, and email service
- The difference between internal and external customers and how to handle each
Upgrade and get Accreditation
For an extra R600 (total R3235) you get a second, independent Level 3 Certificate from ABC Awards, a leading accreditation body, and one that is recognised by Ofqual.
Click here to see more about ABC Awards (it opens in a new page).
The Award is further evidence of your Customer Service abilities. To learn more contact us by phone or email.
Training on your schedule
While the digital age creates challenges for customer service, it also provides a host of benefits. There are now so many ways to keep in touch with customers. And, best of all, you can learn all the customer service skills you need anywhere, anytime.
That’s why the Blackford Centre’s Customer Service course is offered digitally. With the high demand for instant customer service, planning training for your staff can seem impossible. You know your team needs new skills to improve their work, but pulling them away from their stations can be tough.
With our digital course, however, your staff can train any time.
With the Blackford Centre’s course, you can:
- Train your reps all together as a team or individually to avoid interrupting business as usual.
- Get instant access to course materials as soon as you sign up. There’s no waiting around for snail-mail to send assignments and workbooks.
- Focus on one rep at a time to give them individual attention, or build teamwork by encouraging staff to build their skills and practice together.
- Schedule training when it’s convenient for you without worrying about when a trainer can make it to your office.
- Save on time and the cost of shipping. There are no physical materials to send because it’s all online and accessible anytime.
- Get feedback immediately. When students complete an assignment, it’s graded online instantly so they know right away where they excel and where they need to improve.
- Access continued support and service. Students can access their coursework at any time, even after graduating. They can brush up on old skills or look up answers to questions as they occur in the real world.
- Foster growth among students around the world. Student common rooms offer camaraderie and support from fellow students everywhere.
How many times have you heard grumbling when you bring up training with your employees? That’s probably because your team imagines sitting in a stuffy classroom with boring instructors and dry textbooks. But tha’s not how we do things at the Blackford Centre.
Our course materials are light-hearted and interactive so your representatives stay engaged and learning. This makes them more likely to complete the course, improves morale and attitude (keys to great customer service), and increases the chances that your reps will recall their training when they need it most.
What You Get with the Customer Service Course
- 40 interactive video-based modules covering all aspects of customer service
- Pdf transcript containing all the course content for students to read at their leisure, and serve as a permanent reminder
- Our workbook containing all the exercises
- Our customer service manual with aides, memoires, and cheat sheets
- An infographic you can pin up at the office
- Forums with other learners in the discussion area
- Student support available by phone 9-5 weekdays
- Email support
- Access to the course at any time, 24/7
- Permanent access to your course forever. Come back any time to review any topic or ask questions!
Set the Bar
Not sure how to measure learning success for your team? We’ll take care of that for you. Every student gets two attempts to pass and a certificate of completion. When your employees pass our course, they’ll get a beautiful printed certificate from the Blackford Centre.
Imagine a team of completely certified customer service representatives. Not only will they provide better service, but your entire department will look good for management, investors, and customers.
Secure, Easy Payment
Our secure SSL server makes it easy to pay online with confidence. In fact, we don’t even see your credit card details. They pass right through our system to your bank, so there’s no danger of your information getting into the wrong hands.
You can pay all at once, or break payments up over several months, whichever is easiest for you. If have questions about payment, feel free to contact us at 800-781-1715.
The Blackford Centre’s promise to you
The Blackford Centre has been training professionals for 20 years. We’ve provided courses for:
Land Rover, EasyJet, Royal Mail, Princes Trust, Marie Curie Cancer Care, Jaguar, Norwich Union, Marks and Spencer, National Trust, The Forestry Commission, RAF, Prisoners' Education Trust, Reading College, Medway Council, Mid Kent College, Newcastle Chronicle, The Probation Services, Suffolk Carers, Selfridges, Scottish Water, HM Revenue & Customs, Unilever, Job Centres, British Aerospace, and many more.
We pride ourselves an impeccable customer service, too. That’s why we design every single course to be a comprehensive, skills focused program built for success. It’s also why we provide 24/7 support, the flexibility of online learning, and continued access long after course completion.
If, for any reason, you decide the Customer Service Course isn’t right for you, not to worry. We’re proud to offer a 60-day, no-quibble money-back guarantee.
With all of the benefits of the Blackford Centre’s Breakthrough Customer Service training and no risk, there’s no better time to get your representatives on the path to great customer service.
The sooner you get started, the sooner you can improve customer retention, build your brand, increase your bottom line, and foster a happy healthy work environment.
an advisor on